In this episode, we test drive the all new 2017 Infiniti QX30. Infiniti rejuvenates its crossover line-up with its smallest offering, blending the brand’s striking design language with compact yet spacious interiors. Our tester was equipped with a 2.0-liter 4-cylinder turbo engine capable of generating 208 horsepower (@5,500rpm) and 258 lb-ft of torque.
With its compact dimensions and small yet powerful engine, the QX30 achieved excellent fuel economy numbers in our test. Our test vehicle yielded 660km on a tank of gas and gave us an average fuel economy of 7.7L/100km. With these numbers, the QX30 might be one of the most fuel-efficient gasoline-powered luxury vehicles on the road today. The fact that it is an all-wheel drive equipped crossover makes it all the more impressive.
After using up almost a full tank of gas, we were able to fill it back up for $64.52 at a fuel cost of $1.23/liter.
– Audi Q3
– Mercedes GLA
– BMW X1
– Porsche Macan
– Lincoln MKC
REAL WORLD TEST RESULTS
- Initially estimated fuel range: 463km or 288miles on a full tank
- Actual fuel range (as-tested): 660km or 410miles on a full tank
- Fuel economy: 7.7L/100km or or 30.5MPG
- Distance per liter of fuel: 12.1km
- Cost per kilometer:10.2 cents @$1.23/liter (CAD)
- Cost of a full tank: $64.52 @ $1.23/liter (CAD)